Steps In Your Home Purchase
Buying a home can be a stressful exercise, especially if it is being done without a well-thought out plan. Our experience in helping hundreds of home buyers has taught us the ways of helping that buyers have found to be the most valuable to them. We believe in providing you with the tools to develop a process for a successful home search and purchase.
Here's how we help you.
1. Consultation to help you understand the steps towards your goal. We provide an overview of the areas of your interest (location), the costs of home ownership and a discussion of whether a home purchase is worth it to you. We will go over the documents involved in the purchase, and of our commitment of service to you. We explain our duties to you as your buyer's agent. Our loyalty is to you, our client, and your interests are above any others.
2. Pre-qualification with a lender and a discussion of loan programs that are available to you. We'll help you select a lender who will put your needs and desires first and who has the knowledge of the loan programs that can benefit you.
3. Selection of a home to purchase and strategies for preparing an offer to purchase. We will provide you with a customized search of homes as they are published in the MLS and inform you of homes that we are aware of that are not currently on the market. Many home buyers have conflicting criteria in what they are looking for in a home. We will help you decide which are appropriate for you.
4. Negotiation of the offer with the seller. We are trained in negotiation techniques and we use these to advocate your position. We will operate under your direction to achieve the best outcome for you. Our loyalty in the transaction is to you.
5. Formal loan application with your lender and satisfaction of loan contingencies. We will help you through the maze of paperwork.
6. Inspections and appraisal issues. You will have an opportunity to hire a licensed home inspector who will identify defects and maintenance issues in the home. Problem areas sometimes open up the purchase agreement to further negotiations with the seller.
6. Preparation for your move. We can help with requested referrals of service providers who can help you.
7. Closing and transfer of utilities.
8. Delivery of your keys and celebration of a successful purchase.